Native Bonsai Acquisition Prize 2019
Mel Brackstone has generously sponsored the $5000 Native Bonsai Acquisition Prize 2019 to commemorate her mother Lorna McNaughton. After Lorna's passing in May 2015, Mel was inspired to get back into the art of bonsai, specifically working with Australian native plants. The Native Bonsai Acquisition prize is to encourage and highlight the beauty of Australia native bonsai and to celebrate Lorna's passion for gardening and her love of plants.
How to enter
- Supply four high resolution images (300dpi) of the front, back and both sides of your native bonsai in either jpeg or png.
- Send the completed entry form and images of your bonsai to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must be received by 31 July 2019
- Late entries will not be accepted
Terms and Conditions
- Trees entered must be an Australian native currently within Australia. Australian natives being grown overseas are not eligible.
- Entry is free and open to all Australian residents.
- The tree must be owned by the person entering it into the competition or by a person legally able to enter it.
- All entrants agree to their photos being used by the National Arboretum Canberra indefinitely.
- As condition of entry, the owner must agree to the tree becoming a permanent part of the National Collection if they win the prize.
- Winner will relinquish all propriety rights to the work however will be acknowledged as owner and/or artist and prize winner.
- The winning bonsai is considered a gift to the Collection. The transfer of possessions and title must be absolute, unencumbered and sign transfer papers.
- The winning entrant will supply the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection of Australia (NBPCA) with as much historical information about the history of the bonsai as possible.
- The winning entrant must be willing and consent to interviews for distribution through traditional media and social media channels.
- Judging panel will be made up of ACT Government representative and members of the Collections Advisory Committee (CAC) and National Arboretum Canberra.
- The judge’s decision is final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Prize money to be paid within 30 days of receiving the winning tree.
- NBPCA are responsible for the cost and logistics of transport of the tree.
- Staff of the NBPCA and members of the CAC are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Winner to be announced on Saturday 31st August 2019.
- Winner will be notified on Monday 2 September 2019 and their name will be published on the National Arboretum Canberra’s website and social media channels.
If you require any further information please email: email@example.com