Wheelchair accessibility - Disabled parking
- The whole top tier of the sealed-surface main car park next to the Village Centre is designated disabled car parking spaces (36 car spaces). Cars displaying a valid disabled parking voucher park free-of-charge.
- Small, sealed-surface car parks are available at the Himalayan Cedar Forest and Dairy Farmers Hill. Parking is free of charge in these car parks. The Dairy Farmers Hill car park includes one designated disabled car parking space.
- Three disability car parking spaces are available at the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion for function guests only.
Wheelchair and walking frame access
- Smooth pathway access is available to and throughout the Village Centre, the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion and the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection.
- Smooth pathway access is available from the main car park to the Village Centre main entrance, the north and south decks and around the access road to the Pod Playground.
- Smooth pathway access is available between the Village Centre and the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion.
- The Canberra Discovery Garden is wheelchair accessible via the south deck of the Village Centre.
- A wheelchair-accessible, sealed and graded gravel path leads from the Himalayan Cedar car park to the forest, barbeque and picnic deck and 'Wide Brown Land' outdoor sculpture.
- A wheelchair-accessible, sealed and graded gravel path leads from the Dairy Farmers Hill car park to the lookout and Nest III sculpture.
Enquiries and assistance
For enquiries and assistance, please phone 02 6207 8484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free loan wheelchair
Three wheelchairs are available for loan from the Village Centre and may be booked in advance by phoning 02 6207 8484 or emailing email@example.com
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.