Children's Birthday Parties
- A Kite Party
- A Himalayan Adventure Party
To book your party, please complete the booking form below and return by email to email@example.com. For more information call 02 6207 8484.
Download booking form (Word 82KB).
Facilitated birthday parties at the Arboretum
- Facilitated birthday parties are suitable for children aged five years and up
- Bookings are morning 10am to 12:30am, or afternoon 1:30pm to 4:00pm
- Cost is $367.50 for up to 15 children and includes venue hire of the Terrace Room, set up & pack down, all party activity materials and Arboretum facilitator(s) who will be with the group for a total of 90 minutes.
- Additional children charged at $20 each (maximum 20 children).
- Adults are free of charge
Children have fun decorating, assembling and flying their own kite, which they may keep and take home. You will have exclusive use of the Terrace Room for 2½ hours including the 90 minute facilitated activity. All materials supplied. Suitable for ages 5 and up.
If weather is unsuitable for flying kites we offer an additional indoor activity.
Himalayan Adventure Party
A fun and educational guided scavenger hunt leads the kids to the Himalayan cedar forest, where an activity takes place under the towering trees. In the case of wet weather, facilitated party games and activities take place in a private party room. The Arboretum provides a guide for 90 minutes and all materials. Suitable for ages 5 and up.
If weather is unsuitable for your Himalayan Adventure we offer an alternative indoor activity in the Terrace Room.
You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks or alternatively, Ginger Catering have children's party packages available. Please call 6273 4366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also purchase coffee and refreshments at Sprout Cafe from 9am–4pm daily.
- All Arboretum facilitators are first aid trained and carry a Working with Vulnerable People card.
- You are responsible for your party group at all times and must ensure a minimum of 1 adult per 5 children in attendance throughout the party (this does not include the Arboretum facilitator).
- You are responsible for removing all self-catering rubbish and must comply with the National Arboretum Canberra Public Use Policy found on our website.
- The National Arboretum Canberra is a smoke and flame free site. Candles for birthday cakes are only permitted in the Terrace Room. There is a strict no smoking policy across the entire site.
- Roads in the Arboretum are public roads and vehicles must adhere to sign posted speed limits and park in designated parking areas. Paid parking applies in the main car park at the Village Centre with all proceeds supporting Arboretum projects.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.